Every pilot has to own legal copy of Condor (version 2.0.9). Any modification of the application or any of the aircraft is forbidden and will be penalized by disqualification from the competition.
2. Competition Calendar
The competition starts on December 27, 2019, last competition day is December 30, 2019. Racing days are Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Server always starts at 20:00 CET (19:00 UTC). New Year Fivehundreds (500 km task) will be not counted in overall contest score and will starts January 1, 2020 at 19:00 CET. The complete competition schedule you can find here.
3. Competition Class, Tasks & Settings
We will race in 18-meters class, DAeC index WILL BE NOT USED. Competition has together 4 racing days. All task will have take-off and landing at Omarama airport.
- servername and time of serverstart: Xmas Cup 2019 | 20:00 CET (19:00 UTC)
- join time is 30 minutes, race will start 1 minute after join-time end, start window open for 120 minutes
- start line is 10 km wide, finish line is 1 km wide, perpendicular to the course from the last turnpoint
- turnpoint is cylinder with 500 m radius / for AAT task turnpoint sector radius defined in briefing
- maximum start altitude will be 1500 m QNH
- release height of aerotow is 700 m above airfield
- plane icons range is set 1 km
- password for server will be published in briefing
- briefing will be published 60 minutes before race for registered users only
- only after mid-air collision is "Q" recovery possible
5. Scoring System
The competition shall be scored according to the to the real life FAI 1000-Points Scoring System: The Score is expressed in points (the maximum available Score for the day is 1000 points). 1000-Points Scoring System is fully explained in FAI Sporting Code: Annex A to Section 3 – Gliding. Each race will be scored with IGC files with ShowCondorIGC. DAeC index WILL BE NOT USED. Overall result is count of all 4 flights. Results of racing days and also overall score will be posted on this website next day after actuall race is done.
6. Disconnection, Penalties & Protests
In case of your internet disconnect you have option to fly offline. You have to upload your IGC after each flight thru this web (after registration and login you can find in main navbar menu item IGC). If this website is unreachable, you can send your IGC via e-mail. Protest has to be submitted max. 12 hours after server start. Protest will be reviewed for max. 24 hours after submission.
- In registration pilot can choose glider type for whole competition. If pilot fly task with different glider type as he has in registration details, he will be scored with zero points. You have to fly whole competetion only with one type of glider.
- Penalty zones (if in use): 100 penalty points for zone entry + 100 penalty points per 1 minute in zone.
- Cloud flying will be penalized with 60 penalty points per minute.
- Outland in task - points for distance.
- No IGC file uploaded - zero points for task.
- For scoring in this competition we accept only IGC files created directly from Condor software. How to create and upload IGC see in Help (FAQ) page.
- Crash - first time 0 points, repeated crash - disqualification from competition.
- Exception from crash - outlanding with open landing gear and Condor will be announce crash. Must be created screenshot undamaged plane with open landing gear and first line taskinfo (with racing days number), this screenshot send with IGC to e-mail address. We will count flight distance then.
- It is prohibited any dangerous flying. Circeling in the direction of climb is determined by the first glider in thermal. If you have doubts about the circeling direction, ask in the chat. Obvious and deliberate breach of these rules may be punished with 10 minutes penalty after the protest. Repeated violation will be punished by the exclusion of competition.
7. Competition Officials